THE ART OF THE AUDITION, THE BUSINESS OF THE ART
Casting Director Paul Weber CSA
Paul Weber, one of Hollywood’s most respected casting directors has developed a dynamic, practical and highly effective intensive program that demystifies the audition process and gives the actor the skill and confidence needed to create a memorable audition experience. THE ART OF THE AUDITION, THE BUSINESS OF THE ART offers actors of every level the winning tools that will help you achieve success in the audition room.
The first half of the workshop, Mr. Weber reveals:
• The Casting Perspective – What Casting professionals expect from Actors. What key elements are they looking for?
• Why Certain Actors Succeed – Mr. Weber talks about the actors he’s worked with and what makes them successful, including Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Dakota Fanning, and Reese Witherspoon.
• What You MUST Do Right Now – Jumpstart your career with these valuable tips for self-branding and marketing.
• Don’t psych yourself out before you even get in the room! Essential techniques that will empower you to stop thinking of yourself as “the victim” in the Audition Room and let the “winning performer” take the stage!
• Indispensable advise on how to handle Rejection, and how to turn Anxiety and Nervousness into Excitement motivated by the joy of doing what you love to do!
• The Laws of Attraction: What you can do now to make your talent more desirable and marketable to an agent, manager or casting director and why.
• The Headshots & Resumes that get noticed today – The very latest on these crucial tools – and how the digital revolution is transforming the Audition process.
The second half of the workshop focuses on the actual Audition and involves actors in the process using scene work to experience and illustrate new techniques. Mr. Weber covers:
• The Anatomy of the Audition – What actually happens?
• How to make the Boldest, most Effective Choices in The Room.
• The Importance of Listening, Cold Reading Technique, and Script Analysis.
• How to Deliver Your Best Read The First Time.
• Why Actors Fail – Common and avoidable mistakes that take Actors out of the picture immediately.
SPACE IS LIMITED!
To participate please register with Nadia at email@example.com and send your photo and resume to Nadia and Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
HORAIRE / SCHEDULE
- Wednesday 3 May 2017 / 17:00
BILLETS / TICKETS
Générale / Regular : 150.00$
Pour âges / For ages 15+
Pas de retardataires / No latecomers
The Festival and Event Managment Masterclass is an intensive 2 day programme designed to inform and inspire anyone involved in the business of creating, managing and developing festival events.
Montreal Sketchfest is BACK and brings with it over 10 days of more than 20 laugh-filled sketch comedy shows and parties with more than 70 troupes from all over North America!
Host: Al Lafrance
- Blood & Thunder (MTL)
- Dink Floyd (MTL)
- Stockton (NYC)
- The Flat Earth (PHIL)
Un groupe de jeunes adultes se réunissent pour une fête. Un poisson est trouvé mort. Ceci sont les conditions parfaites pour une nuit que le groupe ne va jamais oublier.Une pièce à propos de l'âge et tout abandonner, "Swimming Solo" va vous vendre heureux, triste, et peut-être confus. / A group of young adults are gathered in an apartment for their friend's going away party. A pet fish is found dead. So begins a night the group will never forget. A play about growing up and moving on, "Swimming Solo" is sure to get you laughing, crying, and maybe confused.